Educational Advisors can help you achieve a more fulfilling educational experience through an advising relationship. While post secondary education can be one of life's most rewarding experiences, it can be a confusing adventure for some, and an intimidating process for others. With an Educational Advisor you can:
- Explore career and post secondary options
- Choose or change your program or courses
- Select courses that will help you clarify your options
- Clarify your educational goals
- Develop your educational plans
- Explore the impacts of dropping a course
- Make a switch to a new program
- Get connected with appropriate resources
- Ask questions: Information we can provide
If you feel that you have particular barriers - for example, you are on income assistance or haven't completed high school - call us for an appointment at (250) 746-3509.
Have you met with a VIU Advisor recently? Referral and Planning Guide with links
It is the student’s responsibility to choose courses and programs to meet career or educational objectives.
Learning Skills Counselling:
If you have any concerns about managing your work load, study habits, or need some help organizing you can get some help from an Educational Advisor.
- Can help you resolve personal issues that are getting in the way of achieving your goals.
- Provide school related counselling – help you become more effective in managing your time, stress, exam anxiety, and difficulties with concentration or motivation.
- Provide career and education counselling – assist with decision making and provide career tests (for a fee) to help you clarify your goals. There is a minimal fee for career interest testing.
- Crisis Counselling: We assist in a crisis by identifying resources that are available to you and providing support. Tell us if it is a crisis, so we can see you quickly.